Use the following resources to supplement your learning experience and exam preparation. This list is comprised of materials suggested by the exam development team to prepare a candidate for the examination. Login to access these items.
Written Exam Topics v5.0
The Routing and Switching Written exam (#400-101) contains from 90 - 110 multiple-choice questions and is two hours in duration. The topic areas listed are general guidelines for the type of content that is likely to appear on the exam. Please note, however, that other relevant or related topic areas may also appear.
Cisco provides a flexible and integrated learning program using instructor-led and self-paced training, hands-on exercises, assessments, and practice exams to build the expert skills required for CCIE certification. The Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE R&S is available from specially trained and authorized learning partners. Other individual Cisco training courses can fill in gaps in a candidate’s experience or knowledge.
- Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE R&S
- Implementing Cisco Quality of Service (QOS)
- Implementing Cisco MPLS (MPLS)
- IPv6 Fundamentals, Design and Deployment (IP6FD)
This page lists reading materials on topics appearing on the CCIE exam blueprints. They are not required study resources, however, they can be used to build knowledge in certain areas.
Similar to the book list, the list of online resources provides links to articles, white papers, and documentation on topics covered in the blueprint.
Cisco Product Support Documentation a central repository for all Cisco Documentation
Quick Learning Modules
The following Module(s) has been identified to cover content found in the Exam Topics.
- Lab Study and Lab Exam Taking Tips
- Spanning Tree Protocol Initial Concepts—Part I
- Common VLAN, VTP and Trunk link configuration errors
- Implementing EIGRP route manipulations
- Routing & Switching Troubleshooting Tips Part I—Switching