Location: Dalian, Liaoning, China
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
|Additional Location(s) or Information:|
|Job Category: Services|
|Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
|Requisition #: S1025743|
|What You'll Do
• Provide planning, designing, implementation, optimization and operation services to Cisco customers around Data Center products and solutions.
• Participates in or leads complex Data Center and Cloud infrastructure (network, storage and compute) design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects.
• You solve complex issues that cross many technologies in network, storage, server, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security.
• Delivers migration plans, with a deep understanding on networked applications and related dependencies.
• Participates in weekly status meetings, handling specific asks from the customer and leading customer expectations from Cloud Consumption engagements
• Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer to guide them to the next step i.e. Sampler service to Assessment Service, Assessment Service to Optimization Service.
• Guide other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring customer success.
Who You'll Work With
The Global Delivery Center provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs. GDC’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and theatre teams. These capabilities expand Cisco's technical reach across all Cisco architectures - Borderless Networks, Collaboration, Data Center/Virtualization, Mobility, Video, NGN and OSS. Through our network of Global Delivery Centers (GDCs) we enable delivery of creative services and solutions.
Come join the Cloud and IT Transformation team in the GDC focusing on Data Center technologies as a Network Consulting Engineer. If you're a creative problem solver who is comfortable challenging the status quo and can rapidly responding to advanced issues, this is the team for you! With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent Customer Relationship Management skills, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers.
Who You Are
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent plus 8+ years of related experience in IT industry.
• You have broad technical knowledge of the data center and its components: Applications, Storage, Network, Server and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization.
• Architectural knowledge of virtualization tools and concepts, three tiered application environments.
• Expert familiarity with cloud computing concepts including virtualization, web services API's, elastic infrastructure, distributed data storage (database, block, object), multi-tenancy, and metered usage patterns.
• You're experienced with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Bash. Python experience is strongly preferred.
• Networking: OSI Layer 2/Layer 3 switching /routing, DNS/DHCP WAN/ISP, network virtualization (N1kv, VRF), basics of higher layer protocols: SSL/TLS, HTTP, real-time traffic (voice/video), NFS, database access protocols.
• Compute technologies: x86, hypervisor (Openstack/KVM), OS (Linux/Windows), workload mobility
• Storage technologies: file (NAS), block (SAN), object storage, transport (FCoE, iSCSI, etc), replication, backup, and performance. Programmatic control of infrastructure elements (data model, API), integration frameworks and technologies (SP-style).
• Cisco’s Data Center Product Line: Nexus Products (N7K, N5k, N2k, N1kV), Catalyst products (65xx, 49xx switches), and UCS. Content Switching (OSI Layer 4-7 Switching, Cisco, Citrix or F5 Loadbalancers), Caching and Content Delivery.
• You have a strong understanding of SaaS and Application Workloads in context of Data Center Architecture design.
• Network/Infrastructure Security technologies (Firewall, access control, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, administrative access control) and Compliance (PCI, SOx, HIPAA).
• OSS / BSS, including: Network Management Systems, Service Delivery, Service Fulfillment (including the network inventory, activation and provisioning), Service Assurance, Customer Care
• CCIE Preferred, VCP Certification a plus
• Strong customer-facing sales and architectural skills. Core expertise to include design concepts, IT analysis/analytical thinking, innovation management, enterprise perspective and process knowledge.
• You understand the industry landscape (competitors and partners).
• High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills. Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is essential.
• Deep understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations