Network Consulting Engineer – AS – Macao – Master
Cisco Advanced Services (AS)
- is seeking a Network Consulting Engineer in Macau to help customers maximize network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. This job will be located and working out of Macau.
The NCE position is responsible for the support and service delivery primarily to an entertainment and gaming customerin Macau. The NCE will be Cisco’s interface to customer and is required to work in a fast-paced, high-impact environment to help deliver technologies, solutions and services customer needs to manage their data, voice & wireless networks.
The NCE assists customers to review customer network design and suggests architecture best practices. Advanced Services NCE aligns and drive focused deliverables with customer’s business strategy and objectives. Engineers will leverage and generate applicable technical "best practices". NCEs will actively lead network design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues.Other Objectives include:
- Perform analysis, diagnosis and troubleshooting of complex data and wireless networking problems.
- Participate in the project concept, pre project planning, detailed project planning, design and project execution phases of the network and wireless projects.
- Work to ensure project objectives and deliverables are in line with the technical direction of Client.
- Set appropriate quality controls for technical development.
- Ensure appropriate technical standards are maintained and technical file is established and maintained.
- Attend all project meetings.
- Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve problems and compatibility issues.
- Provides systems/product knowledge sharing.
- Generates reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer deliverables.
- May act as the technical specialist for complex deployments.
- May act in a technical team leadership capacity.
- Active participant in virtual technology teams within Advanced Services.
- Knowledge in IP Internetworking, Routing, Switching, Voice, Wireless & Security.
- Experience in Entertainment markets will be an advantage.
- Ability to leverage technical expertise of others.
- Experience in internetworking troubleshooting.
- Must possess strong technical account management skills.
- Knowledge of network management, network availability & capacity planning.
- CCIE Preferred.
- Typically requires BS, CS or equivalent.
• Typically requires BS, CS or equivalent plus 2-4 years related technical experience. MS a plus.